CVT SAMP Communtiy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Server Needs More Love!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
90210reno

90210reno

Server Needs More Love! Empty
PostSubject: Server Needs More Love!   Server Needs More Love! EmptySun May 18, 2014 4:52 am

As it may seem that we have may have an excess of administrative staff, the truth of the matter is that we are seriously undermanned.  DM servers are a popular zone for hackers, spammers and rule breakers alike, and sometimes it takes an army to fully maintain a server's quality.  The general idea is that with less hackers able to screw with the server and it's players, the more the server's player database will grow.  As [CVT] continues to expand on a daily basis, more and more players are frequently logging in from different coordinates around the world, creating a differential in time.  For example, while the players in Bulgaria are sound asleep in their beds, the players on the Eastern US and Caribbean Islands are just logging on.  While our administrative staff is quite large on the whole, many of our staff members are inactive, while the vast majority of our staff is generally from the same geographic area, resulting in a lack of server moderation at different points in time around the world.  I, and server other individuals have found it increasingly difficult to successfully and enjoyably play on the server without running into someone spamming cars (yes, the new anti-car spam is flawed), the "Sneaky HHers" and the "Explicit" hackers.  

Server Needs More Love! 2saht6p

Server Needs More Love! 20hre4i

In the pictures represented above, the frustration from the players is obvious.  These shots were taken at 5:30 EST(GMT-4) while the server was packed.

There are 2 main options to consider:

1. Create a heavy anti-cheat system.

Pros:

A complex anti-cheat system will allow a machine to moderate the players rather than a large amount of human variables.

Cons:

Machines will be machines.  Numerous of innocent players could potentially end up banned due to an anti-cheat error.

2. Hire more administrators.

Pros:

A proper administrator is able to determine the appropriate cause of action without being too abstract.  Administrators can make decisions a machine can't.

Cons:

Administrative staff could go "haywire"; corruption is not uncommon with inexperienced and childish staff members. Additionally, human's might miss something a machine won't.  A machine (script-integrated anti-cheat) knows all normal parameters within the server and will take immediate action when a particular parameter becomes abnormal.

A balance between the two is commonly found through-out various DM servers.  However, whichever path taken, the server need more thorough modulation.  I urge you to consider my claim.

Lots of Love (and concern) flower ,

[CVT]Reno
Back to top Go down
Willium

Willium

PostSubject: Re: Server Needs More Love!   Server Needs More Love! EmptySun May 18, 2014 5:04 am

+1 I agree with u their are bunch of hacker.
Back to top Go down
Willium

Willium

PostSubject: Re: Server Needs More Love!   Server Needs More Love! EmptySun May 18, 2014 5:06 am

I hate It that the servers admin are just trying to get admins from their own timezone in GMT-5 (US Eastern ) their are no admins to play just bunch of hackers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Needs More Love!   Server Needs More Love! Empty

Back to top Go down

Server Needs More Love!
Page 1 of 1