CVT SAMP Communtiy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I need help with Computer...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
VioTheNiceGuy

VioTheNiceGuy

I need help with Computer... Empty
PostSubject: I need help with Computer...   I need help with Computer... EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 8:25 am

Hey,everybody. I need some help. My PC has Windows XP and Windows 7 installed together and I always use Windows 7 but after I tried to fix my PC because of the reboot error,my PC changed into Windows XP. I need help changing back to Windows 7.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Joe

Crazy_Joe

PostSubject: Re: I need help with Computer...   I need help with Computer... EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 8:37 am

Are you sure this is not just the chosen theme of your PC?

Try to download and run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor.

If none of this works, when re-installing Windows 7 choose the "custom" installation option to ensure everything is how it's supposed to be, that may be the solution.

Good luck

Sincerely, Crazy Joe

Last edited by Crazy_Joe on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Joe

Crazy_Joe

PostSubject: Re: I need help with Computer...   I need help with Computer... EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 8:45 am

Another side note is that if you are totally unsure what you are doing, you probably shouldn't be playing around with this, as upgrading from XP to Windows 7 is a one-way-ticket, and may not be altered again, it's HIGHLY recommended that you use an external hard-drive to backup all your data before attempting to do this, as you need to uninstall XP to install Windows 7, and yea it is as scary as it sounds :Dduring the windows 7 custom installation process you get the choice to "format" your hard-drive which you need to do & will delete everything from it, therefore it's highly recommended that you backup your complete hard-drive before going further. Hope this helped..

Sincerely, Crazy Joe
Back to top Go down
VioTheNiceGuy

VioTheNiceGuy

PostSubject: Re: I need help with Computer...   I need help with Computer... EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 9:02 am

I don't actually need WinXP because all of the files there are completely useless to me. So I'll take my chance installing Win7.
Back to top Go down
VioTheNiceGuy

VioTheNiceGuy

PostSubject: Re: I need help with Computer...   I need help with Computer... EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 9:02 am

My PC has not chosen the theme for my PC. My WinXp saves the files that is installed in WinXP where there is no SA:MP and Win7 saves the files that is installed in Win7 where my SA:MP is located. It saves the files separately.
Back to top Go down
VioTheNiceGuy

VioTheNiceGuy

PostSubject: Re: I need help with Computer...   I need help with Computer... EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 10:01 pm

My Pc already have WinXp and Win7 at the same time. I don't need to install new Win7. I am asking how to change from WinXp to Win7.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Joe

Crazy_Joe

PostSubject: Re: I need help with Computer...   I need help with Computer... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 5:36 am

It's pretty hard if you want to dual switch or multi boot for that I've never tried that so can't really give you any advice try to google a bit perhaps you get some luck  rabbit 

Sincerely, Crazy Joe
Back to top Go down
[CVT]Te[R]minater
Admin
[CVT]Te[R]minater

PostSubject: Re: I need help with Computer...   I need help with Computer... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 9:42 am

Topic moved to Fun Place
Back to top Go down
https://cvttdm.forumcanadien.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help with Computer...   I need help with Computer... Empty

Back to top Go down

I need help with Computer...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CVT SAMP Communtiy :: Fun Place :: Fun Place.-
Jump to: